Leslie Burman RD, LD, CDE
Do you have medical issues? Are you trying to manage your weight?
We can teach you how to lose weight through smart dieting so you can start enjoying a healthy life. Interested in cooking healthier meals? You can learn practical tips for better family nutrition and weeks worth of meals can be planned for your family. We also improve your health through dietary adjustments.
How can a Registered Dietitian help you?
A registered Dietitian must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, complete a minimum of 1200 clinical hours in a supervised internship and must pass a national registration exam. Registered Dietitians use evidence – based practice that is supported by scientific journals; they understand the anatomy and physiology of the body, its systems, disease states, drug states, drug-nutrient interactions and behavior modifications.
Smarter and Healthier Eating
At Glades Medical Group, you won’t be expected to eat all organic foods or become a gourmet cook or give up drinking. As your diet coach, focuses on practical, actionable steps to help you reach your health goals. When you eat right, you’ll not only be healthier — you’ll feel better too.
Nutritional Counseling offers individuals nutrition counseling designed to focus on your unique body and goals. Whether you’re interested in losing weight, are looking for a pre or post natal nutritionist or need help planning your diet around a medical condition, our licensed dietitian and health care team can help you.
At you initial appointment, you’ll receive a full assessment. At each follow-up appointment, Tracy will review how your plan is working, what obstacles you are encountering and any other dietary topics you’d like to learn about.
Nutritional Counseling provides a range of counseling services to fit your needs:
- Pre/Post – natal nutrition
- Teen fitness and health counseling
- Weight loss help
- Nutrition for medical conditions
- Family nutrition
- Sports nutrition
- General nutrition counseling
- Weight Management
Nutrition Counseling for medical conditions:
Many medical conditions are treated and improved through diet and exercise. Counseling is available for, but not limited to:
- Hypertension and Cardiac disease
- High Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2
- Gestational diabetes
- GI issues such as IBS, Crohn’s disease and lactose intolerance.
- Eating disorders
- Bad habit eating that needs to be retrained.
Nutrition Counseling for Weight Loss
Are you stumbling through diet after diet in an attempt to lose weight? Stop dieting and start living! Nutrition Counseling will teach you how to improve your health and improve your life through practical steps with no unrealistic requirements. Plan are based on foods available at the grocery store; there are no special foods to buy. HCG is available with medical clearance from your physician.
How will nutrition counseling help you?
- Eat properly without being constantly hungry
- Increase your energy level
- Untangle the often confusing world of nutrition
- Feel good all day and avoid the mid-afternoon slump
- Reduce complications of certain medical conditions
- Learn how nutrition effects certain medical conditions
- Reduce the risk of future illness